SIGN UP FOR STORIES
We would like to invite you to sign up to receive sporadic emails from us about House events, news, special offers, products and services from The Chimney House.
The Chimney House Terms and Conditions
Your non-refundable deposit payment confirms your understanding
and acceptance of the terms and conditions below:
BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS
- Upon confirming a booking, a deposit to secure the date will be payable.
- Your payment confirms your understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
- Your deposit is non-refundable.
- Deposits may be transferable to alternate dates, at the discretion of The Chimney House, if at least 21 days notice is given.
- Transferred deposits must be rescheduled to a date within 3 months of the original event.
- A transferred deposit cannot be postponed more than once. If the rescheduled date is postponed, a new deposit must be paid and the original deposit will not be refunded.
- Bookings in December are non-transferrable within 2 months of the event.
- We do not have disabled access.
- Final guest numbers and dietary requirements for lunch must be confirmed 7 days before your event. An invoice will be issued and is due on the day of your event.
- No money will be refundable if your guest numbers change within 7 days of the event.
- If an event is cancelled within 7 days, 100% of the final bill, including lunch will be charged.
- In the event of a booking cancellation we are unable to provide external catering or collection of pre ordered food or drinks as an alternative.
- Costs for hire of The Chimney House are subject to change - if an event is booked more than one year in advance; menu, hire and additional prices may differ from charges first quoted.
- The Chimney House reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Day hire of The Meeting Room at The Chimney House is for up to 8 hours.
- Day hire covers up to 20 guests, each guest above 20, up to 50 is charged at an additional rate.
- Your final guest number will be confirmed with us 7 days in advance of your event. We will make arrangements as per these numbers - the initial numbers confirmed will be invoiced for at the end of your event - even if your guest numbers have dropped below this on the day.
- The Chimney House opens at 9am and closes at 5pm unless agreed otherwise.
- Any extra hours are charged at an additional rate.
- Please do not arrive before the agreed time - an additional hire charge will be due if guests arrive early. If guests arrive before the agreed time, you will be charged £50 + VAT per hour, or part of hour. Alternatively guests will be directed to a nearby cafe.
- Please let us know if you will be late.
- Arrivals before 8am, or departure after 6pm will incur an additional surcharge.
- Your information may be stored as a paper copy should your enquiry require this, for example copies of invoices. This information is stored securely for the duration that HMRC require.
ROOMS WITHIN THE CHIMNEY HOUSE
- Day hire charges for the Meeting Room and the Living Room on the first floor of The Chimney House, and the Front Room on the ground floor are separate, and will only be applicable to the specific area you have booked.
- Hire of the additional rooms for lunch and breakout spaces can be arranged prior to arrival for an additional fee.
- The Event Booker is responsible for all guests and their activities during the period of the booking.
- We reserve the right to remove any guest from the building if deemed appropriate. All staff decisions are final. If it is deemed necessary for an event to be bought to a close early, for any reason, the event manager’s decision is final.
- We have a stone staircase of 17 steps to access the Meeting Room. We do not have disabled access. It is the event booker’s responsibility to ensure the safety of each guest using the staircase.
- Please be aware that we have small steps in-between levels. It is the event booker’s responsibility to ensure all guests are aware of the small steps between levels and to ensure safety of all guests. When you welcome your guests you should ensure to warn each person of the steps.
- The Event Booker is responsible for the safe treatment and care of The Chimney House during the period of the booking. This includes care of equipment, furniture, lighting, crockery, glassware and installations. Any damages or costs incurred to the building, or contents, will be non-negotiable, billed to the Event Booker and are due immediately.
- Please refrain from sticking anything to furniture, and the wallpapered or painted areas of the Meeting Room.
- Smoking, and electronic cigarettes, are not permitted in any part of The Chimney House. If your guests smoke they can do so alongside The Chimney House, next to the water, and not by, or underneath, our neighbouring apartments.
- You are more than welcome to use the space outside The Chimney House, by the water. Please be aware that the cobbled street is a public road leading to Kelham Island Museum, please be aware of traffic and uneven surfaces.
- In the event of a fire or other emergency, the Event Booker is responsible for the safe exit of all users of the room during the period of the booking along the designated escape route.
- The Event Booker is responsible for the registration of all users of the room during the period of the booking in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations.
- The Chimney House holds no responsibility for the loss or damage of any property or personal belongings before, after and during the event.
AUDIO / VISUAL
- The Event Booker is responsible for letting us know AV requirements.
- We can provide a screen, projector, speakers and Wi-Fi.
- Please ensure you bring your own laptop with VGA or HDMI ports, we have the corresponding cables.
- We have two easels available free of charge for flipcharts, we can provide paper and pens for these.
- We do not have any printing facilities.
- You will need to provide any other necessary AV; conference telephones, etc.
- All catering is done off site.
- We do not allow caterers, apart from our own, on site.
- Allergen information is available on request for all menus.
- The Event Booker is responsible for confirming exact dietary requirements for all guests, at least 7 days before the event. We do not guarantee we can cater for guests’ requirements we have not previously been made aware of.
- Whilst we will take every care to avoid adding allergens to any dish relating to such a request, potential allergens will certainly have been used previously in our kitchen. We cannot guarantee any of our suppliers will not have added potential allergenic ingredients, or that they operate in kitchens free from all allergenic ingredients.
- As we are unable to guarantee appropriate temperature controls and product handling, we are unable to provide any leftover food to be taken away from the premises. This is in compliance with the Food Safety Temperature Control Act 1995.
- Please make guests aware that there is no car parking directly outside of The Chimney House nor should guests park at Kelham Island Museum, there is a clamping/fine system in place through a private company.
- There is unlimited parking available nearby - click here to find nearby car parks.
- The Event Booker understands that we will ask, on occasion to use photographs and video footage from your event that will be used by The Chimney House / The Mowbray for promotional purposes and may include media, editorial coverage, advertising press and use on the internet, including social media. Participants who do not wish for their images to be used in such ways must inform the The Chimney House / The Mowbray prior to the Event, in writing via email.
In the instance of a force majeure, which may lead to the cancellation of an event, we would transfer the event to an alternative date, subject to availability Usual events of force majeure include war, act of terrorism, labour disputes, compliance with law, order, rule or regulation, fire, flood and storm, however this list is not limited to these examples and isn't exhaustive. In an event of force majeure we would follow the latest Government advice when available.
Your non-refundable deposit payment confirms your understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions.
Please Complete the form below
By completing and submitting the following form, you hereby agree to the above terms and conditions.