SIGN UP FOR STORIES
We would like to invite you to sign up to receive sporadic emails from us about House events, news, special offers, products and services from The Chimney House.
There's Light at The End Of The Tunnel!
We're proud to start welcoming you back to The Chimney House soon! Currently booking meetings, conferences, private dining and planning the most beautiful Weddings, Ceremonies & Parties...
We're booking for the remaining rare dates in 2021 and business as usual for 2022 & 2023
COVID-19. Our Current Status at The Chimney House and The MowbrayPosted 17th May, 2021
The Latest Update (17/05/2021)
As a small local independent business throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic we have stayed proactive and positive making the best of the situation to remain afloat ready for reemergence.
We'd like to thank each and everyone of you for supporting us through The Mowbray at Home & Up On The Roof and anyone who has worked with us positively and with understanding to move dates for your events. We're so looking forward to welcoming you back to both of our venues.
It’s so great to be able to say (and with a lot of relief) - that we are booking like crazy for the rest of 2021 and into 2022, 2023 for weddings, ceremonies, parties, private dining, conferences and meetings, film and photoshoots and all the events that we would usually be doing!
Both The Mowbray and The Chimney House and Up On The Roof are available for all of life’s greatest celebrations as well as getting back to business as we start to fill up during the week for corporate events. We’d love to hear from you if there is anything we can help you with this year and beyond!
We are and will continue to be so - in regular contact with anyone who has a private event booked with us at either The Mowbray or The Chimney House to keep you up to date with any information regarding your event in line with government guidance.
We are requesting all guests anticipating visiting The Mowbray or The Chimney House read our Covid-19 Charter and respect the measures we have put in place. It would be great if you can be familiar with Track & Trace - if you have a booking with us - we'll be in touch with all details and any other procedure designed to make your visit to The Mowbray and The Chimney House safe, relaxed and enjoyable.
From Monday 17th of May
Be aware of the current easing of restrictions...
Please just take a seat and let it all come to you. Table service only for food and drink - both inside The Mowbray, The Chimney House and Up On The Roof.
While you are not eating and drinking inside The Mowbray & The Chimney House please wear a face covering - this includes moving around in any part of the buildings. If you are exempt - just let us know pre arrival.
If you are standing ("mingling") with groups of people Up On The Roof or outside the venues - the government have advised this is allowed. Inside - please be sure to wear a face covering when 'mingling', chatting and moving about.
The Mowbray & The Chimney House Covid-19 Charter
The information below summarises what we are doing to minimise the spread of Coronavirus at The Mowbray and The Chimney House and what we ask our customers to do to keep themselves, others and our staff safe. We are taking the below steps incredibly seriously and we ask that you do too.
We have performed a risk assessment, identifying the hazards related to Covid-19 and implemented a number of new controls and measures to keep our staff & customers safe.
Please be patient - we are adapting to this ‘new normal’ and keeping our guests and staff safe is very important to us!
In brief - Our Covid-19 measures are:
- Increased cleaning and sanitising of hand contact areas
- Increased airflow & ventilation
- Controlled queuing for toilets
- Limited numbers in the toilets and any one time
- Distanced seating in the dining hall
- All customers and staff are asked not to come to the venue if they have any symptoms of coronavirus, and have not been cleared by testing.
- We have installed hand sanitiser stations around our venue
- Staff have been trained regarding cleaning, hygiene and service procedures
What we are asking of our guests:
Before you come to the venue...
- Please wear your face mask at all times unless you are sitting down at your table to eat and drink.
- You must let us know of you or anyone in your party have symptoms of Covid-19 before attending any event at The Mowbray or Chimney House
- The booker for your party should have provided us with the names & contact details of all guests, in compliance with ‘Track & Trace’
- If you travelled on public transport or taxi please wear an appropriate face covering in line with government advice
There may be a short queue to enter the building, please maintain social distancing while waiting patiently to be seated.
- Please sanitise your hands on arrival using the alcohol gel provided
- Please maintain social distancing wherever possible; 2 metres if you can, and a minimum of 1 metre. Please give our staff as much space as possible, and do not make physical contact with them.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, or do so into your sleeve.
- Your table is yours for the evening! It has been cleaned and set for you. Please do not touch other tables/chairs and place settings and be respectful of our other guests.
- Please stay at your designated table, so that we can avoid clusters of people around the venue.
- Try to minimise touching surfaces/objects unnecessarily and use the provided hand sanitiser gel.
- Our staff will place your food and drinks on the table - please wait until they have taken their hands away before reaching out for your dinner and drinks!
- Likewise, please do not hand staff dirty plates or glasses - they will be collected from your table by a designated team member. Please do not ask our staff for a paper menu. Our menus will be published online.
- If you need to use the toilets please follow the marked areas for queuing. Please sanitise your hands using the alcohol gel provided before & after visiting the toilet, as well as washing your hands whilst in the bathroom. Please follow the instructions for leaving the bathroom via the signs in place.
- The disabled toilet at The Mowbray is for use by disabled guests and staff only - please do not use this facility unless you have to.
- In The Mowbray - we have identified that the corridor leading to the toilets/ terrace is a ‘pinch point’ where it may be difficult to maintain social distancing. Please help by:
- Staying left when walking through the corridor
- Queuing for the toilets in the sign posted area, maintaining social distancing
- Bringing and wearing a face covering when you need to leave your table, if you can
- Drinks can be pre-ordered or will be table-service only. The bar will not be open as usual and we will not be accepting cash payments.
In addition to our usual high cleaning standard we follow the below procedures:
All cleaning staff will be required to wear a face mask and gloves at all times while cleaning the venues and the bathrooms. They will be changed in the event of cross contamination with each room at each point and hands are washed frequently.
Equipment is sanitised at the start and end of each shift
In accordance with our standard procedures all doors and windows are opened during cleaning to ensure adequate ventilation.
Cleaning is done in a clockwise movement around the room to avoid retouching any surfaces.
Disinfectant is sprayed on all surfaces, including items like laptops, door handles, light switches, toilet flush buttons, taps. Disinfectant sits for the recommended period to ensure it has time to kill any bacteria.
All hard surfaces in the room are dusted and wiped with sanitiser.
Our team will remove Personal Protective Equipment before exit which will be disposed of properly to avoid cross-contamination by placing it into a specific and identified waste bag. Tied tightly and set to one side in a separate bin provided to be stored for 72 hours before collection.
Thank you for all your support, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
Current Covid-19 Related Information
We are in touch and continue to be so with everyone who has a booking with us in the next couple of months.
As we know more about the situation in the coming months - we'll be in touch (if not already) with those bookings to make a plan if necessary. Our team are working hard to proactively find helpful solutions and to ease the way.
Future Dates & Bookings
We are booking up fast for all dates in terms of weddings, private dining and parties - we're finding people are keen to put their future plans in place and to have something great to look forward to at The Mowbray and The Chimney House - now more than ever!
Plus - because we have transferred the majority of our booked dates for the short term into later on this year or into 2021- some of our dates are limited. If you'd like to speak to us about a date - then just let us know ASAP.
Book a Viewing / Phone Call / Zoom Appointment
We have started to arrange viewings at both venues - if you'd like to arrange a time drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to arrange an appointment by phone call appointment / Facetime or Zoom if you'd rather -and we can run over everything on the phone - with an email lookbook for image prompts.
These appointments can be used to chat all things weddings, private dining and of course our daily meetings and conferences for future dates.
The Mowbray Team & The Chimney House Team X
Make an Enquiry
We are very happy to arrange viewings, to talk about prices and offering to suit your event. Please fill out the form below or call us on The Chimney House Hotline on 0114 276 7885.