SIGN UP FOR STORIES
We would like to invite you to sign up to receive sporadic emails from us about House events, news, special offers, products and services from The Chimney House.
The Chimney House Terms and Conditions
Your non-refundable deposit payment confirms your understanding
and acceptance of the terms and conditions below:
BOOKINGS & CANCELLATIONS
- Upon confirming a booking, a deposit to secure the date will be payable.
- Your deposit is non-refundable and non-amendable. Your payment confirms your understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
- The Chimney House is a unique building and does feature the original staircase from the building’s heritage. There is a short staircase of 17 steps to access The Dining Hall. We do not have disabled access.
- Your menu choice and approximate guest numbers must be confirmed 30 days before your event.
- Menu choice and approximate numbers must be confirm 30 days before your event
- Final numbers and dietary requirements must be confirmed 14 days before your event. You invoice will be issued immediately and is then due.
- If cancellation or change to the number of guests occurs seven days before the event, 100% of the full event balance will be billed.
- No money will be refundable if your guest numbers change within 7 days of the event.
- In the event of a booking cancellation we are unable to provide external catering or collection of pre ordered food or drinks as an alternative.
- If an event is cancelled within 30 days, 60% of the final bill, based on previously confirmed approximate guest numbers numbers, will be charged.
- If an event is cancelled within 7 days, 100% of the final bill will be charged.
- Costs for hire of The Chimney House are subject to change - if an event is booked more than one year in advance; menu, hire and additional prices may differ from charges first quoted.
- The Chimney House reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time.
- All cancellations must be made in writing and sent to email@example.com.
- The Event Booker is responsible for all guests and their activities during the period of the booking.
- We reserve the right to remove any guest from the building if deemed appropriate. All staff decisions are final. If it is deemed necessary for an event to be bought to a close early, for any reason, the event manager’s decision is final.
- We have a stone staircase of 17 steps to access The Dining Hall. We do not have disabled access. It is the event booker’s responsibility to ensure the safety of each guest using the staircase.
- Please be aware that we have small steps in-between levels. It is the event booker’s responsibility to ensure all guests are aware of the small steps between levels and to ensure safety of all guests. When you welcome your guests you should ensure to warn each person of the steps.
- The Event Booker is responsible for the safe treatment and care of The Chimney House during the period of the booking. This includes care of equipment, furniture, lighting, crockery, glassware and installations. Any damages or costs incurred to the building, or contents, will be non-negotiable, billed to the Event Booker and be due immediately.
- There is a £250 cleaning charge for confetti thrown within the building, or table sprinkles used on the tables. It is your responsibility to ensure your guests are aware of this. The charge will be immediately deducted from your payment card.
- We have a zero-tolerance drugs policy - guests suspected of breaking this will be ejected and police will be informed.
- Smoking, and electronic cigarettes, are not permitted in any part of The Chimney House. If your guests do smoke they can smoke along the side of The Chimney House, next to the water, and not by or underneath our neighbouring apartments.
- You are more than welcome to use the space outside The Chimney House, by the water. Please be aware that the cobbled street is a public road leading to Kelham Island Museum, please be aware of traffic and uneven surfaces.
- The Chimney House opens at 7pm for private dining. Unless agreed otherwise for weddings or lunchtime events.
- If guests arrive before the agreed time they will be directed to The Fat Cat or Craft & Dough until doors open.
- The Chimney House closes at 11pm prompt. The Event Booker is responsible to ensure their guests are downstairs ready to leave by 11pm. There are no exceptions on the timings.
- Taxis will arrive at 10.50pm to ensure guests have vacated the premises by 11pm. If taxis are missed, they will not be recalled. There is a taxi rank outside The Fat Cat most weekends.
- We are in a residential area, residents balconies overlook The Chimney House. Anyone arriving or leaving needs to be under the authority of The Event Booker and must maintain considerate, quiet and controlled behaviour.
- The Event Booker is responsible for arranging music at The Chimney House - either our music can be used or playlists can be played through our system. Music will be automatically turned down at 10.30pm as we have a sound restriction after this time. We do not allow bands or DJs.
- In the event of a fire or other emergency, the Event Booker is responsible for the safe exit of all users of the room during the period of the booking along the designated escape route.
- The Chimney House holds no responsibility for the loss or damage of any property or personal belongings before, after and during the event.
- The Event Booker is responsible for the registration of all users of the room during the period of the booking in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations.
- Your information may be stored as a paper copy should your enquiry require this, for example copies of invoices. This information is stored securely for the duration that HMRC require.
- We are happy to welcome children into The Chimney House and do so regularly - but it is on the understanding that children are looked after by their parents at all times and are their responsibility for the duration of the event.
- The Chimney House is an old building, with an original stone staircase. We have lots of furniture that is unsuitable for children; glass tables and valuable antiques. We burn lots of candles on each level of The Chimney House. And occasionally doors to the street will be open during events.
- The doors to The Dining Hall will be in constant use, and cannot be closed during events.
- Children will be expected to be supervised at all times whilst in all spaces of The Chimney House.
- The Chimney House team are not responsible for children at any time.
- All catering is done off site.
- We do not allow caterers, apart from our own, on site.
- Private Dining is for a minimum of 20 guests, the cost quoted will be charged for in full, regardless of any guest cancellation.
- Allergen information is available on request for all menus. It is the Event Booker's responsibility to ensure allergen information has been distributed to each guest.
- The Event Booker is responsible for confirming exact dietary requirements for all guests, at least 7 days before the event. We do not guarantee we can cater for guests who have requirements we have not previously been made aware of.
- The Event Booker is responsible for distribution allergen information and ensuring all guests have been made aware of the allergens in their menu choices.
- Whilst we will take every care to avoid adding allergens to any dish relating to such a request, potential allergens will certainly have been used previously in our kitchen. We cannot guarantee any of our suppliers will not have added potential allergenic ingredients, or that they operate in kitchens free from all allergenic ingredients.
- As we are unable to guarantee appropriate temperature controls and product handling, we are unable to provide any leftover food to be taken away from the premises. This is in compliance with the Food Safety Temperature Control Act 1995.
- Please make guests aware that there is no car parking directly outside of The Chimney House nor should guests park at Kelham Island Museum, there is a clamping/fine system in place through a private company.
- There is unlimited parking available nearby - click here to find nearby car parks.
- The Event Booker understands that we will ask, on occasion to use photographs and video footage from your event that will be used by The Chimney House / The Mowbray for promotional purposes and may include media, editorial coverage, advertising press and use on the internet, including social media. Participants who do not wish for their images to be used in such ways must inform the The Chimney House / The Mowbray prior to the Event, in writing via email.
In the instance of a force majeure, which may lead to the cancellation of an event, we would transfer the event to an alternative date, subject to availability Usual events of force majeure include war, act of terrorism, labour disputes, compliance with law, order, rule or regulation, fire, flood and storm, however this list is not limited to these examples and isn't exhaustive. In an event of force majeure we would follow the latest Government advice when available.
Your non-refundable deposit payment confirms your understanding and acceptance of the terms and conditions.
Please Complete the form below
By completing and submitting the following form, you hereby agree to the above terms and conditions.