SIGN UP FOR STORIES
We would like to invite you to sign up to receive sporadic emails from us about House events, news, special offers, products and services from The Chimney House.
Hello From The Chimney House
We're looking forward to welcoming you into The Chimney House this year!
Booking are open and well and truly underway for Wedding Feasts, Wedding Ceremonies, Private Dining, Celebrations and daily Meetings, Training Sessions & Away Days for 2024/25 and 2026
Winter Open House Weekend! 20-21 January 2024Posted 8th January, 2024
Our Open House events are a great time to pop in to explore The Mowbray and The Chimney House and have a relaxed wander around - a lovely dose of inspiration and all of the good vibes around planning an event with us!
We host Open Houses sometimes twice a month - but generally host two super special events a year - where we invite friends of The Mowbray to join us for the day - one in the Winter and a Summer edition!
The weekend of the 20th & 21st of January is our Winter Love Edition and we are being joined by a lovely collection of makers and creative creators all dedicated to you and your vision!
We will be set and styled for a beautiful wedding ceremony and our team will be looking after you on the day to walk you through step by step!
Join Us at The Mowbray
After you've called over to see us at The Chimney House - or even before - pop by The Mowbray - just a short walk around the corner!
* It's free to sign up and all registered guests will receive a free glass of Big Day Punch on arrival to The Mowbray
* Our Open House is inspiration for all events we host across both venues - from meetings and gatherings to private dining, parties and of course the most beautiful weddings! If you have a glimmer of an idea about an event - we'd love to help you turn this into a wonderful reality!
* The Mowbray will be set and styled for a Wedding Feast for around 80 guests so you can get familiar with our magical space
* The Mowbray Kitchen will be serving a super relaxed 'cooked to order' lunch menu from 11.30-2.30 - a really lovely chance to try our food and enjoy some tasty plates and a glass of wine! We don't usually do this - so it's a super treat!
* The Kitchen are also whipping up 2 days of freshly made cakes - perfect to enjoy with a Dark Arts coffee - the loveliest accompaniment to dreams and chats about your day with us!
* We'll be showcasing The Mowbray Celebration Cake - cascading in blooms and the prettiest styling
* Our cocktail bar inside The Mowbray will be open - and you'll be able to see our Roof Bar - Up On The Roof - which is included with each event. We have some beautiful cocktails - at a special 'try me price'
* Want to know more? Book an appointment to chat to one of us about details and ask loads of questions from dates, wedding feasts, custom cocktails, bands, favours, ideas!
* We're excited to welcome Danni Maibaum for both days - Danni is a regular photographer at The Mowbray and The Chimney House and captures moments, styling and of course you absolutely beautifully...
* Kate Beaumont will be joining us on Saturday...Kate designs and makes understatedly beautiful wedding dresses from her working studio here in Sheffield. Working with luxurious silks and laces, Kate's dresses are a dream to wear. Kate will be bringing along a selection of her sumptuous gowns to The Mowbray, along with samples of newly created lingerie that she's created from repurposed leftover silks - pure luxury!
* Browse and chat about luxury gowns with The White Yard - they'll be bringing a beautiful collection to show you on Sunday
* On Sunday - have a mini mani! Sheffield Gel Manicures will treating you to free mini manicures! Charlotte will also be chatting through natural nail care and her manicure treats and options…
* Tweed & Groom are also joining us for the first time... All of the answers when it comes to big day outfitting! Catch them on Sunday!
* Take a ride in Vintage Volksweddings' classic 50s / 60s Volkswagen beetles and campervans who have been delivering brides and grooms to the doors of The Mowbray (and The Chimney House) for a few years now! With us for both days!
* Bliss Booth will. also be joining us on both days with their ingenious booths for capturing your event most magically...
* On Sunday - try on and chat about the most beautifully crafted bridal hair accessories made by Debbie Carlisle
* Plan and get excited about luxury handcrafted stationery with Georgie Marnie Stationary! With us for both days!
* We're excited to welcome Laura Taff for both days - a natural make-up artist and hair stylist
* Chat about your perfect custom made rings, wedding rings and jewellery for your day with the marvellous Cathy Sutherland Jewellery on Sunday
* Ask Cat from Betty's Flower Club any questions about blooms & bouquets for all occasions! Cat will be styling our top table for plenty of inspo and will be with us for both days!
* Everyone is welcome! We'd love to see you!
The Chimney House captured by Mirlah Richardson during our last Open House
Pop over to our events page and register for either Saturday 20th of January or Sunday 21st or both!
Make an Enquiry
We are very happy to arrange viewings, to talk about prices and offering to suit your event. Please fill out the form below or call us on The Chimney House Hotline on 0114 276 7885.